Phases, also called Degrees of Implementation (DOI), represent a special type of project milestone. They illustrate how close planned effects (e.g. planned savings) are to implementation. Phases can only be adjusted by users with admin rights.
What Phases exist?
There are various phase systems. The following five-stage system is used in Falcon:
- Degree of Implementation 1: Potential identified
→ Waiting for Approval
- Degree of Implementation 2: Potential quantified
→ Estimation of expected savings
- Degree of Implementation 3: Evaluated and in implementation
→ In Implementation
- Degree of Implementation 4: Measure completed
→ Savings can now be quantified
- Degree of Implementation 5: Effects realized
→ Savings can be measured
Set Phases in Falcon
Phases can be set in Falcon at measure level (= lowest level). To do this, navigate to a measure in the project tree and then to the profile overview:
Now you can define the desired phase in the "Phase" area.
If you want to see which measure has which phase, you can, for example, select the schedule at project level. Now select "Measures" directly above the schedule. The table now shows all measures of the project including the phases.
The various phases and associated workflows are controlled in the admin center. The gear wheel symbol in the lower left corner of the sidebar takes you to the admin center.
More about workflows and phase management can be found here.
Phases for export
Of course, you will also find all phases in the exports.
Two columns show the phases:
- Phase: Here you can see the respective abbreviation (e.g. HG3) at measure level.
- Rank: In addition, the export also shows you the rank of the phases. DOI 3 is correspondingly ranked 3rd.