Degrees of Implementation (DOI) represent a special type of project milestone. They illustrate how close planned effects (e.g. planned savings) are to implementation. Degree levels can only be adjusted by users with admin rights.
What Degrees of Implementation exist?
There are various DOI systems. The following five-stage system is used in Falcon:
- Degree of Implementation 1: Potential identified
→ Waiting for Approval
- Degree of Implementation 2: Potential quantified
→ Estimation of expected savings
- Degree of Implementation 3: Evaluated and in implementation
→ In Implementation
- Degree of Implementation 4: Measure completed
→ Savings can now be quantified
- Degree of Implementation 5: Effects realized
→ Savings can be measured
Set Degrees of Implementation in Falcon
Degrees of Implementation can be set in Falcon at measure level (= lowest level). To do this, navigate to a measure in the project tree and then to the profile overview:
Now you can define the desired degree of implementation in the "Phase" area.
Degrees of Implementation overview
If you want to see which measure has which degree of implementation, you can, for example, select the schedule at project level. Now select "Measures" directly above the schedule. The table now shows all measures of the project including the degrees of implementation.
Degrees of Implementation for export
Of course, you will also find all degrees of implementation in the exports.
Two columns show the degrees of implementation:
- Phase: Here you can see the respective abbreviation (e.g. HG3) at measure level.
- Rank: In addition, the export also shows you the rank of the degree of implementation. DOI 3 is correspondingly ranked 3rd.